top of page
The Affordable Housing Consortium holds membership and community-wide events throughout the year to engage our network and increase awareness of the need for affordable housing.
No upcoming events at the moment
- Nov 09, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomFor Part Two we will be joined by Tiffany Speir, Long Range and Strategic Planning Manager for the City of Lakewood. She will go over Lakewood's housing allocation numbers, equity index map, and how the City plans to meet new housing requirements ahead of the 2024 Periodic Update.
- Oct 12, 2023, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PMMuseum of Glass Tacoma, 1801 Dock St, Tacoma, WA 98402, USAA fun and commemorative event unlike any other in Pierce County, Excellence in Affordable Housing draws in the most respected and experienced affordable housing developers of Pierce County along with elected officials, champions of affordable housing, business owners, and community stewards.
- Sep 21, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomJason Gauthier, from Pierce County's South Sound Housing Affordability Partners (SSHA3P) will break down HB 1110, which lays out Washington's requirements for middle housing. Join us and learn what counties and jurisdictions must include in the housing element of the upcoming 2024 Comprehensive Plan
- Sep 07, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomErika, Long Range Planning Supervisor in Pierce County, will explain what Commerce's Housing All Planning Tool (HAPT) is, why this tool was created to address housing availability, and how the HAPT allocations are tied to the upcoming 2024 Comprehensive Plan Updates in Pierce County.
- Aug 24, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomAlex Brennan of Futurewise will explain the policy and implications of HB 1220 relevant to Pierce County jurisdictions and outline how housing advocates can prioritize their work between now and the end of 2024. Missed the event? Watch the recording by clicking the link below.
- Aug 08, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomLaura from Commerce will outline the role of Commerce in HB 1220, what they were charged to do, and where they are at in the process as it relates to the upcoming 2024 Comprehensive Plan updates in Pierce County. Missed the event? Review slides and recording by clicking the links below.
- Jul 27, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomCynthia Stewart from the League of Women Voters will give a presentation on what a comprehensive plan is, how the community can participate in periodic updates, and how that participation can influence housing policy. Missed the event? Review the slides and recording by clicking the links below.
- Jun 06, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoomProvide your input and suggestions to the City of Lakewood about their progress and initiatives concerning the Climate Change Chapter, middle housing, and the upcoming 2024 Comprehensive Plan update. Missed the event? Watch the recording by clicking the link below.
- Apr 27, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMTacoma, 4824 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409, USAHear from Alquist 3D, to learn about their printing process for constructing homes, how Alquist 3D built the first homeowner-occupied structure in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, and their licensee program that makes it possible to print homes in regions across the U.S.
bottom of page